Wednesday, February 26, 2014

To be quite honest, today I have reached the point of blogging exhaustion. I have found this routine entertaining and it has helped in the fluency of my writing. However, I will be the first to admit- I’m over it! Every night for the past three weeks I have blogged in exchange for watching my favorite television programs. This new leach in my agenda has officially worn out its welcome.
I understand the assignment and as I avowed it has been very effective. However, who really writes seven nights a week? If I were an aspiring writer I would see writing daily as an inspirational tool. Or, possibility if I were writing and earning money at the same time I wouldn't mind the continuous intrusion on my television time. However, I am none of these things. I am merely taking a Basic English course in efforts to complete my bachelor’s degree. Unfortunately, ENG101- which apparently entails extensive blogging- is a required class for any major.
         Sunday is so close, yet so far away. I will blog a minimum of 5400 words between now and then. I honestly don’t know that I can come up with that many additional words. Interestingly enough, I am not a woman of many ideas. I know that I can blog about anything under the sun, but my mind encounters exhaustion when presented with the thought of researching for purposes of a college blog.
           I apologize for being a Debbie Downer tonight. In all fairness to my English Professor, I have learned a great deal about my writing style as well as becoming a speed typist.  I will not sugar coat reality though- I still maintain five nights a week would have been an easier writing regimen. I will be back again tomorrow with high hopes that my writer’s block has vanished. (Now, everyone say Hocus-Pocus!)

2 comments:

  1. Hocus-Pocus! I can certainly empathize with you! Blogging night after night, having to come up with something, anything to write about isn't as easy as it sounds. Actually, does it even sound easy? Tomorrow will go better! I am glad you are sticking with it! I am a big fan of your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Two more days of blogging- nah, I'm not counting or anything :)

    ReplyDelete