Friday, February 14, 2014

College..I'm Liking It After All..

The first six weeks of resuming college at the age of 31 has opened the iron gates of possibility, caused a time inflicted stress beyond compare, and opened my eyes to endless possibilities that I have yet to conquer. I was under the impression that college would offer the information needed to improve my life as a business professional but I still can’t comprehend how I am actually enjoying the complexity of Algebra. I can vividly see my original goal- obtaining a bachelor degree- will be accomplished. However, I did not realize how much fresh curriculum I would learn.
            In writing I have been forced to write religiously everyday- lending to the time inflicted stress component. This is a colossal nuisance that has become an additional chore in my daily routine. With this said, I am actually enjoying it. I can visualize my thoughts in order to form words faster, envisioning  new ideas is becoming less of a complication, and the words in my mind are beginning to flow better and faster. My vocabulary is renewed and my typing speed has improved. Even though I dread the daily diary and consistently find it to be a thorn in my side- it is teaching me to be diligent in my writing.
            Math has enlightened my spirits proving that I can fight the Devil and understand his unnecessary insertion of the letters into Algebra. In Public Speaking I have been forced to understand technology and overcome my neglect of speaking in public. Sociology has opened my eyes to the diversities of the human mind and the differences between cultures. In turn these cultural lessons have yielded a more fluent understanding in relation to the complexities of Business 101.
            I look forward to the challenges college will gift me over the next three years. It will aid in meeting my professional goals as well as accomplishing my personal goals. I have often fallen short of  goals in life as a result of procrastination. The feedback from my professors and peers has proven that assertiveness and dedication will inevitably lead to success. I look forward to the challenges and victories this new journey has begun to offer. I will press on and welcome the addition of black circles and grey hair. After all, when it's all said and done I will be able to afford Botox and a professional dye job.

No comments:

Post a Comment