Sunday, February 23, 2014

Someday's You Need to Vent...

Today I realized my stamina is fading swiftly as the overload in my schedule is catching up with me. I aspire to be the best in every aspect of my life- I strive to be the best mother, partner, friend, student and boss. My life is stretched paper thin you can see the boiling blood inside getting ready to erupt at the slightest suggestion of adding another grueling task. Yet, daily someone or something feels the need to turn the internal burner on high- and I erupt.
Outsiders often envy my life. I would caution them that it isn't all that it is cracked up to be. The constant struggle to keep a harmonious balance is a daunting task that has little reward at the end of the day. Picking up toys, attending spelling bees and slaving in a kitchen are not my idea of perfection. Where have the days gone that suggested leisurely outings with perfect children dressed in the ideal pink paisley dress? The smiles and attitudes of perfection I dreamt of when I had ample time to read the reality altered stories published in all of those pathetic parenting magazines and the days when my pants were too snug due to a large baby induced waist-line was extent of my inconveniences. Those days of altered realities are far gone and the true realities are present.

Some days I need to vent the steam from under my paper thin skin. Thank you for listening and being my friend. There are very few places I can complain in comfort and know that I will be understood- and I can count on that with you. Today I am stressed and tomorrow I will be blessed. My mood from one day to the next is never assured - but my love for my friends is always true.  

TR- I Love you for always putting up with me even if I do complain a lot and talk for hours on the phone- probably interrupting your nap time. 

1 comment:

  1. Mellie -
    Your vents aren't nearly as explosive as I am sure they could be with all you manage to achieve successfully every, single day. My favorite sentence in this post is, "Today I am stressed and tomorrow I will be blessed." That is an awesome way to look at every little blessing we have in life, even if they do stress us out!

    Great post : ) Jennifer

    ReplyDelete