Saturday, February 22, 2014

The Dawn of a New Day...

Today has been a splendid day! I woke up this morning to the wonderful warming sunshine gazing in my window and the silence of children still sleeping quietly in their rooms. I gazed astonished at the antique clock on the wall which displayed the time of 9:17 AM. To many, this seems like a logical time to wake up on a Saturday morning- unfortunately for me this is a rare treat that deserves ample recognition. As the sun gazed my skin I reflected on a day that was full of exhausting adventures and the cluttered chaos that lingers about my daily life. I forcefully rolled out of my bed and regretfully parted from the comforts of my sheets. The children awoke and the noise of a new day was upon us.
Many of my days are filled with never-ending adolescent activities and today proved to be equivalent. The homework list is a mile long, basketball games at 11 & 1, a birthday party at 2, and filling overdue orders for my clients tonight. I was exhausted before my feet hit the carpet- but today remained a splendid day.
As my children listened to my newly acquired audio textbooks while driving around town I applauded myself. I have worked hard resulting in many hours of lost sleep to become the woman I am today. I treasure these hectic moments of life and welcome new adventures. Making life-long memories with my children while achieving a life-time goal cannot compete with the longing for sleep. There will be plenty of time to sleep in my sun gazed bed when they are older and the constant need for “mom” is diminished. They will grow older and the noise of a new day will be simplistic and quiet. Today I will relish in the chaos of my life by reminding myself- without my chaotic children my life would be hushed and unfilled. 

1 comment:

  1. It is very nice to read such a positive and wonderfully happy post. Good for you! ~Ms. A.

    ReplyDelete