Sunday, March 2, 2014

A Reflection of Frustration, Exhaustion, and Triumph



To be quite honest, at the completion of this assignment I have reached the point of bloggers exhaustion. I have found this routine entertaining and it has helped in the fluency of my writing. However, I will be the first to admit- I’m over it! Every night for the past three weeks I have blogged in exchange for watching my favorite television programs. This new leach in my agenda has officially worn out its welcome.
I understand the assignment and as I avowed it has been very effective. However, who really writes seven nights a week? If I were an aspiring writer I could see writing daily as an inspirational tool. Or, possibility if I were writing and earning money at the same time I wouldn’t mind the continuous intrusion on my television time. However, I am none of these things. I am merely taking a Basic English course in efforts to complete my bachelor’s degree. Unfortunately, ENG101- which apparently entails extensive blogging- is a required class for any major.
When this assignment began nearly one month ago I felt confident that I would not need to use any of the suggested “all purpose” blogging ideas. I knew I could write about anything- I am a woman of many thoughts. Unfortunately, as the conclusion of the task drew near my mind encountered writers block- my mind had run out of thoughts and refused to be repetitive. In an attempt to become creative I tried to steer clear of the all purpose ideas forcing myself to develop my writing style through creativity. It is amazing how much you can write on the subject of dirt when you are creatively thinking of a subject beyond an effortless statement.
I have learned a great deal about my writing style as well as becoming a speed typist.  I will not sugar coat reality though- I still maintain five nights a week would have been an easier writing regimen. I will continue to blog occasionally over subjects that are dear to my heart, possibly new products I buy, and vent- as it is a great soap box tool. I have opened a new blog on a business blogging site and hope to incorporate it within my business.  Thank you for introducing me to the world of blogging- In the end I actually gained writing confidence from this dreaded lesson.

           Now, please excuse me while I curl up in my warm bed on this wintry Sunday morning. Wearing my Betty Boop feety pajamas and holding a cup of hot cocoa I will embark on a television marathon to catch up on my- every so missed- television shows.

To view my new business blog please visit http://wrbathandbody.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment